Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is still dominating the weekend box office numbers, bringing in an estimated $10.16 million over the historically slow weekend after Labor Day alone.
This is the film’s fourth weekend atop the weekend box office, bringing the space adventure/comedy’s total global ticket sales to over $586 million worldwide, The Wrap reports.
Coming in second this weekend is the turbo-charged remake of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which raked in about $6.5 million despite generally poor reviews. “. . .I’d rather watch a feline at a piano with eating implements tied to its paws than another movie of Michael Bay’s ham-fisted Turtles,” TIME film critic Richard Corliss wrote in his review.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement