Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is still dominating the weekend box office numbers, bringing in an estimated $10.16 million over the historically slow weekend after Labor Day alone.
This is the film’s fourth weekend atop the weekend box office, bringing the space adventure/comedy’s total global ticket sales to over $586 million worldwide, The Wrap reports.
Coming in second this weekend is the turbo-charged remake of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which raked in about $6.5 million despite generally poor reviews. “. . .I’d rather watch a feline at a piano with eating implements tied to its paws than another movie of Michael Bay’s ham-fisted Turtles,” TIME film critic Richard Corliss wrote in his review.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com