Jordan Belfort—the real life “Wolf of Wall Street”—made headlines after his debauched tell-all memoir was made into a movie in 2013, directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Now, Belfort appears to be riding the wave of fame to a new chapter: The Tampa Bay Times reports Belfort’s embarking on a national “redemption” tour, which begins September 15th in Clearwater, Fl.
Belfort’s 52 now, and lives near Los Angeles; since his release from prison, Belfort’s made a name for himself on the motivational speaking circuit, and has been working for companies like Delta Air Lines, Deutsche Bank and Symantec, among others. He’s even just returned from a worldwide tour, where he spoke from South Africa to Canada.
He might be apologetic, but who knows. In May, Belfort spoke to a crowd in Dublin, Ireland. As the Irish Examiner reported: “Getting rich is f****** easy,” Belfort said then. “Eight years ago I had zero; this year I’m going to make $100m gross.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time