George R.R. Martin will be speaking at the 92nd Street Y in New York City for his lone U.S. appearance to promote The World of Ice and Fire, an illustrated history of the Seven Kingdoms. (This is not to be confused with The Winds of Winter, the next book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.) The event, which will be live-streamed at http://www.92Y.org/livecast, takes place on October 26, where “the prolific author [will] discuss the political machinations and sordid relationships that set into motion the ‘present-day’ struggles of the Starks, Lannisters, Baratheons and Targaryens.”
Hey, it’s not a new novel or new episode of Game of Thrones, but it’s better than nothing. If you happen to be in the New York area, you can buy tickets to the event for $100 at http://www.92Y.org.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement