Joan Rivers, 81, died on Thursday due to complications from throat surgery.
The actress turned comedian began her career in the 1950s, but soon became known for her biting wit in her standup comedy, becoming an inspiration for many more funny women. More recently she had become known as an acerbic diva, hosting the popular E! television show The Fashion Police and weighing in on celebrity couture.
Watch Rivers’ greatest comedic quips spanning from the 1950s all the way to the present.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating