Sorry photo-hackers, but Jennifer Lawrence is laughing all the way to the bank. The Hunger Games star won the 2015 Guinness World Record for highest-grossing action heroine, thanks to the success of the blockbuster franchise, which has raked in more than $1.52 billion internationally.
The 2015 Guinness Book of World Records, which comes out Sept. 11, also lists The Hunger Games: Catching Fire as the highest-grossing post-apocalyptic movie, earning more than $854 million worldwide.
But J-Law’s not the only star who set a world record in 2015. Miley Cyrus became the most searched-for pop star on the internet after last year’s twerking at the VMAs, and Shakira became the most “liked” person on Facebook. Beyoncé won for fastest-selling iTunes album, with 828,773 downloads in the first three days. Katy Perry now has the most Twitter followers in the world, with 56 million.
And The Wolf of Wall Street won for most expletives in a movie: the characters curse 687 times, or an average of 3.81 swear words per minute.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time