A former MMA fighter who goes by War Machine was informed of the 32 felony charges he’s facing in Las Vegas on Wednesday following an August attack on his ex-girlfriend. If convicted, the 32-year-old could face a life sentence for charges of attempted murder, domestic battery by strangulation, first-degree kidnapping, and sexual assault, ESPN reports.
In August, War Machine, whose birth name is Jonathan Koppenhaver, allegedly attacked his former girlfriend, adult film star Christy Mack. Mack posted graphic images of her injuries following the attack on social media. After a weeklong hunt, Koppenhaver was arrested in a California suburb.
Though he legally changed his name to War Machine in 2008, ESPN reports, he is being referred to by his birth name, Jonathan Koppenhaver, in the Las Vegas court. Koppenhaver was a contestant on the UFC reality series The Ultimate Fighter, and has served time before in 2012, for attempt to commit battery with substantial bodily harm.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time