You may not be Jennifer Lawrence, but nobody wants their selfies — nude or otherwise — leaked on the Internet. It’s not foolproof, but there is one easy step you can take to help make sure your most private of photos never end up on the web.
Most social media sites and, yes, even Apple’s iCloud, have the option for Two-Step Verification. When you’ve turned that on, after entering your username and password, the site will then send you a text or e-mail with a code to finish logging in.
This way, a hacker would need your passwords and your phone to get into your accounts. Not likely!
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement