Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson says the only way to respond to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is to either “convert them or kill them.”
Robertson made the remarks during an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity on Tuesday evening as the two discussed ISIS’s brutal tactics, which includes delivering ultimatums to communities to convert to Islam or be killed.
“In this case, you either have to convert them, which I think would be next to impossible,” Robertson explained to Hannity. “I’m just saying convert them or kill them — one or the other.”
The reality TV star, a self-proclaimed evangelical Christian, said he would rather participate in a Bible study with ISIS members and “show them the errors of their ways.” However, Robertson added he would have no problem killing the militants if he was engaged in a gunfight with them.
Tuesday’s comments were not the first of Robertson’s to stir controversy. The duck call guru had his reality show temporarily suspended by A&E, and was publicly panned, for espousing homophobic comments during an interview with GQ in January.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate