Joan Rivers remains on life support, her daughter confirmed Tuesday, after the iconic comedian suffered from respiratory and cardiac arrest during routine surgery last week.
Melissa Rivers addressed rumors about her mother’s health in a public statement Tuesday, saying, “at this time she does remain on life support.” The statement undercut recent reports from sources close to the family that Rivers, 81, might be recovering from a medically-induced coma.
“I know my mother would be overwhelmed by the continued outpouring of kindness and I want to thank everyone for keeping us in their prayers,” Melissa Rivers added.
Rivers was rushed to Mount Sinai Hospital in New York last Thursday and was listed in “serious” condition after she stopped breathing during a minor surgical procedure on her vocal chords.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time