The big-spending Republican super PAC American Crossroads released a new video Tuesday painting vulnerable incumbent Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) as a good candidate for Washington—not for her constituents back home.
“I really can appreciate the life that we live on The Hill,” Landrieu is shown saying in the minute-long video released by the group. The ad highlights fundraising and policies touted by the Louisiana Democrat that have benefitted her Capitol Hill neighbors as Louisiana residents look on. The video even features a clip of Washington, D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray calling Landrieu the “Senator representing the District of Columbia until we become the 51st state.”
Landrieu is facing Republican Rep. Bill Cassidy in the state’s tight Senate fight, considered one of a handful of toss-up races that could determine which party controls the upper chamber following the midterm elections.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time