The big-spending Republican super PAC American Crossroads released a new video Tuesday painting vulnerable incumbent Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) as a good candidate for Washington—not for her constituents back home.
“I really can appreciate the life that we live on The Hill,” Landrieu is shown saying in the minute-long video released by the group. The ad highlights fundraising and policies touted by the Louisiana Democrat that have benefitted her Capitol Hill neighbors as Louisiana residents look on. The video even features a clip of Washington, D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray calling Landrieu the “Senator representing the District of Columbia until we become the 51st state.”
Landrieu is facing Republican Rep. Bill Cassidy in the state’s tight Senate fight, considered one of a handful of toss-up races that could determine which party controls the upper chamber following the midterm elections.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms