The big-spending Republican super PAC American Crossroads released a new video Tuesday painting vulnerable incumbent Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) as a good candidate for Washington—not for her constituents back home.
“I really can appreciate the life that we live on The Hill,” Landrieu is shown saying in the minute-long video released by the group. The ad highlights fundraising and policies touted by the Louisiana Democrat that have benefitted her Capitol Hill neighbors as Louisiana residents look on. The video even features a clip of Washington, D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray calling Landrieu the “Senator representing the District of Columbia until we become the 51st state.”
Landrieu is facing Republican Rep. Bill Cassidy in the state’s tight Senate fight, considered one of a handful of toss-up races that could determine which party controls the upper chamber following the midterm elections.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement