At around the 2:50 mark of this video, watch news anchor Gloria Campos of WFAA in Dallas break down in tears of happiness when she is surprised — on air — by a 14-year-old boy who used to be in foster care and has found a new home after his adoptive parents saw a segment she did about the youngster five years ago.
In 2007, the Dallas newswoman featured eight-year-old Ke’onte on Wednesday’s Child, a TV program that raises awareness about abused and neglected children in foster care.
When he did not find parents willing to adopt him after the 2007 report, she did another one two years later.
After watching the 2009 report, a couple named Carol and Scott Cook decided to adopt him. And he was in bad shape, too, having taken so many medications in foster care that his new mother would find him disoriented, walking around in circles in his room.
Now, WFAA reports that he is off medication and is an avid runner, hiker, and dancer.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time