There’s been a lot of buzz about Channing Tatum’s turn as the Olympic wrestler Mark Schultz in the upcoming Bennett Miller movie Foxcatcher. But the latest trailer teases a down-right chilling performance from Steve Carell.
The film is based on the true story of how millionaire philanthropist John du Pont mentored amateur wrestlers, including Schultz, and eventually was driven to murder his brother Dave (Mark Ruffalo). The latest trailer for the movie, which has already garnered Oscar buzz after it was shown at the Cannes Film Festival in May, focuses on Carell’s du Pont, as he ruminates over the athletes he’s trying to shape — and perhaps manipulate.
“There are some psychological issues that we need to take care of,” says Carell’s character says, in one particularly ominous moment. It’s a role unlike any other that The Office star has taken on before, but if the trailer is any indication, he has the sinister, deranged du Pont nailed.
The film hits theaters on Nov. 14.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time