The day after comedy legend and “Fashion Police” co-host Joan Rivers was rushed to a New York hospital, she remains in “serious” condition, according to a statement issued by her daughter, Melissa Rivers, through the Mount Sinai Health System.
Rivers, 81, was undergoing a procedure on her vocal cords Thursday morning at Yorkville Endoscopy when she stopped breathing and was transported to Mount Sinai, according to WNBC, citing sources familiar with the situation. The Fire Department of New York said it transported a woman to Sinai who was either in “respiratory or cardiac arrest.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time