1. We must confront the vast gulf between white and black America if we want to secure racial justice after Ferguson.
By the Editors of the Nation
2. As ISIS recruits more western acolytes, it’s clear military might alone can’t defeat it. We must overcome radical Islam on the battleground of ideas.
By Maajid Nawaz in the Catholic Herald
3. Kids spend hours playing the game Minecraft. Now they can learn to code while doing it.
By Klint Finley in Wired
4. One powerful way to raise the quality of America’s workforce: Make community colleges free.
By the Editors of Scientific American
5. Restrictions on where sex offenders can live after prison is pure politics. They do nothing to prevent future offenses.
By Jesse Singal in New York Magazine’s Science of Us
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now