It’s hard to think back to the days before “Brangelina” was a thing. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, who tied the knot over the weekend amid friends and family in France, have been together for about a decade and are raising six children together. And though the beginning of their relationship was fraught with scandal — they met and fell in love on the set of 2005’s Mr. and Mrs. Smith, when Pitt was still married to Jennifer Aniston — the waters have appeared, to admiring fans at any rate, to be smooth ever since.
Still, before they came together, Pitt and Jolie had some rocky romances over the years — some strange (Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina’s wearing each other’s blood in vials), some irritating (Gwyneth Paltrow and Brad’s matching hairstyles), and some forgotten (Brad Pitt dated Robin Givens?).
Here’s a gallery that raises a glass to the phrase, what’s past is prologue.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up