It’s hard to think back to the days before “Brangelina” was a thing. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, who tied the knot over the weekend amid friends and family in France, have been together for about a decade and are raising six children together. And though the beginning of their relationship was fraught with scandal — they met and fell in love on the set of 2005’s Mr. and Mrs. Smith, when Pitt was still married to Jennifer Aniston — the waters have appeared, to admiring fans at any rate, to be smooth ever since.
Still, before they came together, Pitt and Jolie had some rocky romances over the years — some strange (Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina’s wearing each other’s blood in vials), some irritating (Gwyneth Paltrow and Brad’s matching hairstyles), and some forgotten (Brad Pitt dated Robin Givens?).
Here’s a gallery that raises a glass to the phrase, what’s past is prologue.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022