Harry Houdini, born Erich Weisz, was a Hungarian-American magician best known for his seemingly impossible escape acts. Houdini, a two-night miniseries by the History Channel, stars Adrien Brody as the revered magician and premieres on Sept. 1.
Take a look back at some photos of the original Houdini’s mind-boggling feats that made him famous throughout the world.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy