Singer Redfoo of the rock duo LMFAO was attacked at a Sydney pub on early Thursday morning, the Guardian reports. The 39-year-old, who is also a judge on reality music show The X Factor (Australia), suffered a cut above his right eye when a man allegedly threw a glass at his head.
Redfoo received medical attention at the scene by paramedics. A 21-year-old man allegedly tried to flee the bar but was caught by security. He was detained by police and charged with malicious wounding, the Guardian said.
“All of a sudden I was just talking to some girls and … bam, something hit me in the head,” Redfoo told Australian morning TV show Sunrise.
The singer added that the alleged attacker taunted him after the incident.
“He looked at me and taunted me and blew a kiss at me and winked his eye, as if to say ‘I got you’ or something.”
“It’s not my fault that everybody’s dancing to [my] single,” the singer joked.
Redfoo also addressed the incident on Twitter, telling a sympathetic witness that “jealousy is a hell of a drug!”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com