Zach Galifianakis is coming to a TV near you as—get this—a clown. FX has greenlit a pilot starring the Hangover actor in a show called Baskets co-created by Louis C.K., Portlandia’s Jonathan Krisel, and Galifianakis, The Hollywood Reporter reports.
A 10-episode run is set to air in 2016, starring Galifiankis as a man desperate to become a respected professional clown but who’s stuck working at a local rodeo.
The show has already garnered praise from FX executives, though that may come as no surprise thanks to the success of CK’s current show, Louie.
“To say Zach’s portrayal of the lead character Chip Baskets is hilarious/unique/riveting/fascinating would be an understatement. We can’t wait for the world to meet him,” FX’s president of original programming for FX Networks said in a statement, The Wrap reports.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time