Writer Martha Nochimson gave the Internet the gift of knowledge Wednesday, helping to provide the answer to a question fans of the hit HBO series The Sopranos have been asking since the show ended: Is Tony Soprano dead?
Many concluded that in the anticlimactic final scene of the iconic show, the New Jersey mob boss, played by the late James Gandolfini, was offed by the mysterious man in the Member’s Only jacket. It only made sense that he died in the end, given his actions as a gangster, but the vagueness of the series’ end made speculation about Tony’s true fate far too easy.
So, is he dead?
From Nochimson’s article on Vox: “He shook his head ‘no.’ And he said simply, ‘No he isn’t.’”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve