There are plenty of reasons not to celebrate International Happiness Day, such as the ongoing crises in Syria and Afghanistan, or the fact that they made Home Alone sequels that didn’t feature Macaulay Culkin. But one person who did decide to commemorate the holiday is, naturally, Pharrell, since he sings a very popular song called “Happy.”
The Grammy winner partnered with the United Nations — which declared today, March 20, the second annual International Day of Happiness — to encourage people around the world to share videos of themselves dancing to “Happy.” Pharrell sorted through the submissions, all tagged with the hashtag #HAPPYDAY, and today, he’s sharing them on his website, 24 Hours of Happiness. At noon in each time zone, he’s been highlighting the best submissions from that area.
Watch above to see dances in Hong Kong, Sydney, Paris and more.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time