Well, this is truly the stuff of Ron Swanson’s wildest dreams. Arby’s has a secret menu item (meaning it’s not on the official menu but you can request it and they’ll make it for you) called the Meat Mountain. It’s a truly formidable tower of meats, and it all started because of this promotional photo:
Arby’s created that poster to remind consumers that the chain sells plenty of meats besides its famous roast beef, the Washington Post explains. This marketing strategy worked, apparently, because people started coming in asking if they could order that entire stack o’ meats. And lo, the Meat Mountain was born. Here’s what the $10 monstrosity-on-a-bun includes, from the bottom up:
- 2 chicken tenders
- 1.5 oz. of roast turkey
- 1.5 oz. of ham
- 1 slice of Swiss cheese
- 1.5 oz. of corned beef
- 1.5 oz. brisket
- 1.5 oz. of Angus steak
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- 1.5 oz. roast beef
- 3 half-strips of bacon
A few people have been brave enough to try it:
Unfortunately, the Meat Mountain doesn’t seem to be something all Arby’s employees know about just yet. The Wire’s Adam Chandler ventured to an Arby’s in Queens in search of this elusive meat monster and was met with blank stares. A manager told him the request was impossible. So he ordered everything required to assemble the Meat Mountain himself, spending $29 instead of the expected $10.
But can you really put a price on the incredible feat of scaling the formidable Meat Mountain?
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This