In 2009, comedian Louis C.K. made a mockery of the bright-eyed young actors who attended Inside the Actor’s Studio. “There’s no way you ask Sean Penn a question and then, you’re gonna be huge,” he said.
Well, Academy Award nominee Bradley Cooper might say otherwise. In 1999, a young Cooper did, in fact, ask Penn a question on the show — unknowingly making C.K. a punchline in the process.
Can’t win ’em all, Louis.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms