Actress and promising auteur Lake Bell is booked to direct the film adaptation of Claire Messud’s 2006 novel The Emperor’s Children, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The feature is set to be produced by Brian Grazer’s Imagine Entertainment, while the screenplay has reportedly been penned by indie-film stalwart Noah Baumbach. There is no word yet on when the movie will hit theaters.
The narrative follows the lives of three affluent but struggling late-20-somethings leading up to and after 9/11, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The novel was long-listed for the 2006 Man Booker Prize and picked up the 2007 Massachusetts Book Award for fiction.
The Emperor’s Children will be Bell’s second feature film to direct following the success of her helmer debut In a World.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization