Jimmy Kimmel said what everyone was thinking during his Emmys monologue: we’re all sick of hearing Matthew McConaughey’s acceptance speech. “I mean alright, alright, alright already,” he said.
It’s true that it was strange to see McConaughey at the Emmys — what is he even doing on TV, anyway? He already won an Oscar this year. He doesn’t even own a television, as Kimmel pointed out: “I happen to know for a fact that he traded his television for a conch shell full of weed.”
Yes, McConaughey doesn’t look like he should be on TV; he has the face of a movie star. Kimmel asked the cameras to pan to a “television face” for comparison and picked out Ricky Gervais. “Not even really a television face — it’s a Netflix face.” Ouch.
Watch up top.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working