Seth Meyers couldn’t stop joking about Netflix and cable shows outperforming network television at the Emmys — but the streaming service-cum-network didn’t quite make the splash that some expected at this year’s award ceremony.
Clocking in at 31 nominations (including 13 for House of Cards and 12 for Orange Is the New Black), Netflix went home with just seven statuettes, all of them won in the Creative Arts session, which are given out ahead of time instead of during the NBC broadcast. Uzo Aduba was the only actor to be recognized, for her role as Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren in Orange Is the New Black.
Here’s the full list of all the awards Netflix won this year. Next year, they’ll just have to inject some of that Frank Underwood ruthlessness to up their game.
Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Uzo Aduba, Orange Is the New Black
Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series: Orange Is the New Black
Outstanding Picture Editing for Nonfiction Programming: The Square
Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Comedy Series: Orange Is the New Black
Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour): House of Cards
Outstanding Cinematography for Nonfiction Programming: The Square
Outstanding Direction for Nonfiction Programming: The Square
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out