But before she was Nicki Minaj, she was Onika Maraj — just a normal girl attending P.S. 45 in Queens, New York. The video above, which surfaced on Reddit, shows young Onika discussing her hopes and dreams. And let us assure you: they do not involve wigs or Drake at all!
Instead, she says she aspires to be a nurse, so she can help people less fortunate than herself.
Real talk: there’s very little information about where this video comes from, but it sure seems like Nicki — even without that goofy Barbie voice.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer