Well-known activists, politicians and celebrities were gathering Monday at a St. Louis church for the funeral of Michael Brown, the unarmed 18-year-old shot dead by a police officer two weeks ago.
The list of VIPs expected to attend the service includes director Spike Lee, rapper Snoop Dogg, music mogul Diddy, comedian Nick Cannon. The parents of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed teen fatally shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida in 2012, and relatives of Sean Bell, who was killed by New York City police officers in 2006, were also expected to be at the Friendly Temple Missionary Baptist Church.
The White House sent three representatives…
- Effective Altruism Promises to Do Good Better. These Women Say It Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year