Well-known activists, politicians and celebrities were gathering Monday at a St. Louis church for the funeral of Michael Brown, the unarmed 18-year-old shot dead by a police officer two weeks ago.
The list of VIPs expected to attend the service includes director Spike Lee, rapper Snoop Dogg, music mogul Diddy, comedian Nick Cannon. The parents of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed teen fatally shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida in 2012, and relatives of Sean Bell, who was killed by New York City police officers in 2006, were also expected to be at the Friendly Temple Missionary Baptist Church.
The White House sent three representatives…
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears