The VMAs tend to be highly organized, with introductions for every award and every act. But Robin Williams’ tribute went unannounced, lasted only 23 seconds, consisted of a few pictures and ended immediately without applause or explanation. Also, it was set, somewhat inexplicably, to Coldplay.
Expect the late comedian to get a much longer tribute at the 2014 Emmys.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time