Taylor Swift got in touch with her inner showgirl at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards when she performed new single “Shake It Off” for the first time, while dressed in a sparkly two-piece.
The country-singer-turned-bona-fide-pop-diva was introduced by her BFF Lorde, who says the two have a fair amount in common despite the fact that, at this point, T-Swift is basically cheer captain and Lorde’s in the bleachers.
View the full performance here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement