After a lightning-fast costume change between “Anaconda” and “Bang Bang” during the opening number of the VMAs, Nicki Minaj walked back onstage — but something was amiss. The rapstress was clutching her little black dress closed in the middle across her chest.
She maintained composure — and her iron grip on her clothes — throughout the end of the number, daintily prancing while her fellow singers Jessie J and Ariana Grande danced with the vigor of performers whose clothing was not about to pop off.
View the full performance here.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.