Benedict Cumberbatch did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in a suit. And in the shower. And on a motorcycle. He gets doused five times in the two-minute clip, part of the viral fundraising campaign in which people post Facebook videos of themselves getting buckets of ice water poured over their heads or donate $100 to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) research.
Nominated by Tom Hiddleston, the Sherlock star then nominated Harvey Weinstein, Kylie Minogue and race car driver Lewis Hamilton. Let’s see if they can top Cumberbatch’s creativity and dramatic use of slow motion.
The fundraising effort has raised more than $50 million.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption