We’re still trying to sort out our feelings about the fact that the next addition to the McDonald’s menu might be mozzarella sticks.
For now, it’s just a test. The fast food joint is selling mozz sticks in select locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, a McDonald’s spokesperson confirms to TIME. They come three to a package (with a side of marinara sauce, of course) and cost just one dollar.
A few people on Twitter have shared photos of the surprising find:
Yup, they look like your average, everyday mozzarella sticks. For now, it all depends on how the test goes. They were previously available at locations in the U.K., and there’s a small initiative to make them a permanent fixture on the menu.
No word yet on what name McDonald’s will use if they do add them to the U.S. menu, but it’s natural to assume they’ll go with something like McMozzarella Sticks. Or perhaps McMozzies. Stay tuned.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk