Jeff Bridges stopped by the TIME studio to chat with us about his new movie The Giver. He plays the title character, a man who is charged with keeping all the memories and feelings about the past, while the rest of his countrymen go about their business without any knowledge of suffering, love or death. He also responded to news that John Turturro hopes to bring back his Jesus character from The Big Lebowski. And then the confirmed Buddhist explained a quote we found on his website: “After ecstasy, the laundry.”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.