The cable channel FXX started airing every single episode of The Simpsons back-to-back-to-back on Thursday, 522 episodes through 25 seasons that won’t end until Sept. 1. When news broke that FXX was releasing all 25 seasons of The Simpsons via its site and app, TIME critic James Poniewozik proclaimed: “Hello, Simpsons World. Goodbye, the rest of your life.”
But what if you were to attempt this feat of binge-watching without commercials? Well, if you were to watch all 552 of the 22-minute episodes (sans ads) back-to-back, you would only need to say goodbye to a mere 12,144 minutes of your life. That translates to a more digestible 202 hours and 24 minutes, which breaks down to just under eight-and-a-half days.
Without sleep, that is, and not counting the movie.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List