The cable channel FXX started airing every single episode of The Simpsons back-to-back-to-back on Thursday, 522 episodes through 25 seasons that won’t end until Sept. 1. When news broke that FXX was releasing all 25 seasons of The Simpsons via its site and app, TIME critic James Poniewozik proclaimed: “Hello, Simpsons World. Goodbye, the rest of your life.”
But what if you were to attempt this feat of binge-watching without commercials? Well, if you were to watch all 552 of the 22-minute episodes (sans ads) back-to-back, you would only need to say goodbye to a mere 12,144 minutes of your life. That translates to a more digestible 202 hours and 24 minutes, which breaks down to just under eight-and-a-half days.
Without sleep, that is, and not counting the movie.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org