The man behind the Academy Award winning movie The Wolf of Wall Street is co-writing a TV show based on the excesses of Wall Street in the 1980s.
Jordan Belfort, the man on which the movie is based, is writing the show with Rush Hour director Brett Ratner and Australian billionaire James Packer. Belfort told The Australian that “The idea was to come up with a show about that period with really interesting characters.”
Aside from writing this TV show, Belfort is also a motivational speaker and author.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief