In a Facebook video uploaded Monday, Jennifer Garner got to dump a bucket of ice water over her husband Ben Affleck, after Tyler Perry challenged the Oscar-winning actor to participate in the “Ice Bucket Challenge.” That’s the Facebook trend in which people post videos of themselves getting doused with ice water, then nominate others to do the same within 24 hours or donate $100 to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) research.
Standing poolside, Ben Affleck said he would also be making a donation to the ALS Association. He nominated Jimmy Kimmel, Neil Patrick Harris, Matt Damon and “my wife,” who he introduced as “the lady with the bucket” and then dragged her into the pool.
The Ice Bucket Challenge trend has raised approximately $15.6 million for ALS research so far this year.
MORE: Here’s How The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Actually Started
LIST: Here Are The 27 Best Celebrity Ice Bucket Challenge Videos
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement