In a Facebook video uploaded Monday, Jennifer Garner got to dump a bucket of ice water over her husband Ben Affleck, after Tyler Perry challenged the Oscar-winning actor to participate in the “Ice Bucket Challenge.” That’s the Facebook trend in which people post videos of themselves getting doused with ice water, then nominate others to do the same within 24 hours or donate $100 to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) research.
Standing poolside, Ben Affleck said he would also be making a donation to the ALS Association. He nominated Jimmy Kimmel, Neil Patrick Harris, Matt Damon and “my wife,” who he introduced as “the lady with the bucket” and then dragged her into the pool.
The Ice Bucket Challenge trend has raised approximately $15.6 million for ALS research so far this year.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow