From Mars to Venus, it seems Bungie’s counting down planetary locales you’ll be visiting in Destiny, its online-only first-person shooter due out on September 9.
Last week saw our band of intrepid heroes stalking the red-duned surface of the fourth rock from the sun, so this week is about the second.
“Venus was once the site of a great discovery – a paradise. Now, it is a monument to all that we have lost,” writes Bungie in the teaser. There’s not much else to say about the formerly-greenhouse-gas-suffused planet, which looks lush and bucolic here.
Those peacock-headed mechanoid creatures you’re seeing in the combat cuts are the Vex, a robotic alien species that can time-travel and want to exterminate humanity. And I’m guessing those gate things are the warp points from which they’ll pour forth to help fill your XP meter.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now