A Massachusetts woman is receiving medical attention this week after sustaining serious injuries when she used her own body to stop her car from rolling into traffic with her twin children inside.
Mindy Tran, 22, says she put her Honda Accord in park at the top of her steep driveway with her twin two-year-old girls buckled in the back. She got out of the car and it started to roll downhill, she said. Tran ran to the front of the car and held it as long as she could before it overpowered her.
“I wasn’t going to be able to hold it any longer, so I laid down,” she said. “With the traffic, I knew I had to stop it.” A neighbor eventually came and turned off the car.
Tran, 22, was airlifted to a Boston-area hospital and is undergoing surgery for her injuries.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science