As developments at the MH17 crash site have slowed, fighting in Eastern Ukraine has increased. According to the United Nations human rights office, the death toll from the Ukraine conflict doubled last week from 1,129 on July 26 to 2,086 on Aug. 10. Heavy shelling between the Ukrainian military forces and pro-Russian separatists continues, trapping civilians in the middle. Residents in and around the major cities of Donetsk and Luhansk find their lives interrupted as the military tries to regain control of two of its largest cities.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow