In what he called “a cunning and hopefully joyful act of deception,” Daniel Radcliffe decided to surprise fans following a screening of his new movie, What If.
These viewers think they’re gathering to do short interviews about their reactions to the film. But really, they’re being gathered so they can just completely freak out when the actor walks up behind them for this hilarious clip from BuzzFeed Video. Naturally, reactions include a lot of squealing, gasping and yelling, “Oh my god.”
After they calm down a bit, most people ask for hugs, which Radcliffe gamely hands out like they’re Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans.
He says he “feels kind of bad doing this to so many people” but like, c’mon Harry Potter, you know you love it.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time