Pope Francis told NBC News on Thursday he will be paying a visit to the city of brotherly love. NBC’s Anne Thompson spoke to the pope in Italian on Thursday as the pontiff flew to Asia for his first-ever trip. Thompson asked – in Italian – if the pope would travel to Philadelphia at any point.
“Si,” replied Francis, going on to mention the city’s World Family Day, due to take place in September 2015.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body