In case you were unaware, it’s officially Shark Week, Discovery Channel’s annual deluge of shark-related programming. Some people — like, for example, scientists who actually know things about sharks — are not super into this annual sharkstravaganza, claiming that it peddles fiction disguised as fact. But others — you know, the rest of us plebs who just thinks sharks are super awesome — are still pretty into the whole thing.
And so, we’d like to take a moment to pay tribute to the especially die-hard Shark Week fans: the people (and animals) who’ve dressed up like sharks to mark the occasion. We can only hope that these folks are truly taking to heart that age-old advice to “live every week like it’s Shark Week.” We have a feeling they are.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve