Uber added new features Wednesday meant to make the journey from point A to point B as frictionless as possible: Riders can now set their destination from right within the app, then drivers will get those turn-by-turn navigation directions on their version of the Uber app.
When you request an Uber, the updated app will now prompt you to enter a destination, which it will automatically forward the address to the driver, enabling the passenger to skip the step of telling the driver where to go. Importantly, the passenger’s destination is shown to the driver “at pickup time,” Uber says, meaning drivers can’t cherry-pick fares.
In case the driver has any doubts about how to get there, the app will offer turn-by-turn directions, sparing the driver from re-entering the address in a separate navigation app or device, or simply turning around and asking for the best route.
“For drivers, that means Uber is more lucrative: saving time on trips means more trips per hour,” the company wrote in its announcement of the new features
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time