A man un-ironically called the Portland, Oregon, police Monday to report a chicken was crossing the road, causing traffic.
“Hi, um this is actually not a prank call,” the man began in his call to a non-emergency dispatcher. “I had to slow down to almost to a complete stop.”
According to the Associated Press, Sgt. Pete Simpson said responding officers could not locate the bird and thus, “were unable to determine the chicken’s intent.”
The Portland Police very ironically posted the call on YouTube:
Whether this is the greatest or worst thing of all time is up for interpretation.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow