Many actors from the original Veronica Mars cast will reprise their roles for the spinoff CW web series Play It Again, Dick, which will focus on the Dick Casablancas character.
The series, which was announced in January, will air on Sept. 13 on the network’s digital-only channel CW Seed and will have eight episodes. The plot is pretty meta: each of the actors will be playing “versions” of their characters from the original show as well as exaggerated versions of their real selves, according to BuzzFeed.
“The web series will have more in common with Party Down tonally,” creator Rob Thomas told HitFix in January, referring to the Starz TV comedy he worked on after Veronica Mars, “but it will be about Ryan Hansen, or at least a version of Ryan Hansen, deciding to capitalize on the current Veronica Mars heat to get his own series on the air. He’ll try to pull his actor pals into the venture with varying degrees of success.”
Ryan Hansen is set to return as the spoiled Dick, Kristen Bell as detective Veronica Mars and Jason Dohring as her bad boy love interset Logan Echolls. Enrico Colantoni and Percy Daggs III will also be back as Veronica’s dad Keith Mars and Veronica’s best friend Wallace, respectively. Francis Capra will reprise his roll as Eli “Weevil” Navarro, Daran Norris as Cliff McCormack and Kyle Gallner as Cassidy “Beaver” Casablancas.
The original show about the teen detective aired on UPN and then the CW from 2004 to 2007. A successful Kickstarter campaign funded a film followup to the show that was released in theaters and through video on demand in March.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization