Chris Christie, New Jersey’s governor and potential 2016 Republican presidential candidate, became the latest high-profile figure to participate in the “Ice Bucket Challenge” Tuesday evening. That’s the Facebook trend in which people post videos of themselves getting doused with ice water, then nominate others to do the same within 24 hours or donate $100 to ALS research.
In the video posted to Christie’s Facebook page, he’s seen grinning as two of his children, Patrick and Bridget, do the honors. He nominated New Jersey Senator Cory Booker (D), Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, and Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon to complete the challenge next.
Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Senator Robert Kennedy, nominated President Barack Obama to do the challenge, but a White House spokesperson said he will just give money. Other influencers who have completed the challenge include Martha Stewart, Matt Lauer and Lance Bass.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science