1. Forty lost years: the case for one six-year term for U.S. presidents.
By Lawrence Summers in the Financial Times
2. Hashtag activism may not change the world, but #Iftheygunnedmedown highlights its power as media criticism.
By James Poniewozik in Time
3. Decoding the malaria parasite – at the genetic level – could give us a shot at beating the disease.
By Anne Trafton at MIT News Service
4. Trade short-haul air for high-speed rail and help the climate.
By Jacob Anbinder and Neil Bhatiya in the Fiscal Times
5. We must deepen our investment in development and diplomacy to address the roots of the crisis at our border.
By Lt. Gen. Norman R. Seip (Ret.) in the Tennessean
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space