A corpse that appears to belong to a two-headed dolphin calf washed up on a beach in Turkey, the Associated Press reports.
Tugrul Metin, a gym teacher, was on vacation when he found the conjoined cetacean on a beach in Dikili, which is near the Aegean city of Izmir.
Marine biologist Mehmet Gokoglu called the incident rare, AP reports, and that the dolphin will be studied by researchers at Akdeniz University.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time