We don’t know why men are choosing to manscape their chest hair into the shape of bikini tops — both halter and strapless for easier tanning — but according to trend-tracking listicles, it’s officially #ChestHairBikini season y’all.
Granted, the all-natural mankini isn’t exactly a new revelation. It has been ongoing since the invention of Spring Break and tequila shots, but it is reportedly reemerging on the beach scene…whether you asked for it or not. Here’s one of photos that started the trend, which dates back to at least Sep. 2013 on Twitter:
Everyone pack up your towels, it’s time to go home.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief